Monday 1 December 2014

Real Life Chapter 1


It has been six months since my last blog post. This is half a year but it feels like I have been away from my little blog for years! 
A lot has changed. My location, who I live with, which friends I'm able to spend time with, what my immediate goals are and just about everything else. 

This is the summary of what I have been doing in those last six months. 


  1.  Moving back in with Ma and Da and making lots and lots of coffee.

After I finished my degree I decided to get a job and I've ended up as a barrista 

(barista (/bəˈristə/ buh-REE-stuh; from the Italian for "bartender") is a person, usually a coffee house employee, who prepares and serves espresso-based coffee drinks.


Student overdraft and the thought of something to do to be productive and contribute to my household drove me to get a job. It has been exhausting, hilarious, exciting, time consuming, confusing and just plain odd. Going from devoting every single day to making my work and being surrounded in a studio environment to barrista-ing up to sometimes 50 hours a week is a massive change. I do love the people I work with and I have some beautiful souls for my regular customers, so that is the positive I hold on to.      


    2.  Graduating

This summer I went and graduated on one of the hottest days of the year surrounded by some of the loveliest faces I know. Tears were not shed by me but my heart was full of emotion. It was all a very surreal experience that I'm glad I got to have.





  3. I went on a week long business course.

I went on a business course for new graduate businesses start ups run by the entrepreneurship centre of my university. I put myself forward as a sole trader selling my prints at print fairs and online. 
 This was such a great week and I met a lot of really great people who have become friends as well as business contacts. The workshops on the course were really inspiring and motivating and they made me take my business seriously. It helped me to feel like I had some direction after graduating. 
To me, it meant that I have been able to keep my artistic side progressing with my plans and progression of my print making business. This has kept me sane in the moments where I have felt like my life is consumed by barrista-ing.


I have decided to get on this blog a lot more, as a sort of visual diary and a way of posting the exciting things that are going on.
So WATCH THIS SPACE!
It is going to get very cool and exciting (because I'm never too cool to be excited).
 
There's some adorable posts coming up.
You've been warned!
 
Love and Fishes,
 
Victoria
x


No comments:

Post a Comment